Thursday, September 1, 2011

Handful...of blessings

These are my precious boys. It's always superhero day at our house, and occassionaly we all go as the same superhero. They are all 3 characters with enough personality in each one individually to flatten you, but put together they can be a tornado. The most often comment I get when we come waltzing into stores, restaurants or the mall is, "Whoa! You've got your hands full!"

And yes I do. In fact I could use a third hand most of the time, especially crossing the street or parking lot. But we figure it out. Usually, I hold Elijah's hand, he hold's Gideon's, Gideon holds Judahs and we quack as we walk since we look like a line of little ducks.

They can be pills too. They fight over who gets to be which superhero and who has which power. Sometimes feelings get hurt when Judah makes an air castle and Gideon doesn't have a flying buffalo to get up to it. One time, Gideon punched Judah in the face for arguign about Captain America's benefits and flaws. So I had to literally carry out the Gospel on him, and take away his privledge of using his hand for an hour:


 (I'll post later about the many uses of duct tape in discipline ;))


However, mostly, they are just precious. THey run up out of nowhere to hug me tight and say, "I love you, Momma!" They fill up my water bottle for me when it's low. They say, "Yes, ma'am" when I ask them to do something (most of the time). They play with each other so sweetly, even if it's rough and tumble. They love their brothers. They love their parents. They love Jesus.

So when someome says to me, "Whoa! You've got your hands full!" I say, "Absolutely! Full of Blessings!"

Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward.
Psalm 127:3

No comments:

Post a Comment